Beyond its unique and strong taste, ginger has powerful benefits. Its medicinal properties has made the flowering plant a mainstay for hundreds of years. With high levels of Vitamin C, Magnesium and antioxidants, as well as anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiviral properties, ginger is the perfect addition to your diet. It's known to reduce nausea, detox the body and relieve congestion. Plus, it has a delicious, distinct flavor.
It's also very easy to add to your diet. If you're an avid tea drinker, have a craving for a warm beverage or feel under the weather, ginger tea is a simple and healthy choice.
- 4 1-inch pieces of fresh ginger that have been peeled and sliced
- 4 cups of filtered water
- Fresh lemon juice (optional)
- Honey (optional)
- A cinnamon stick (optional)
Recommended Product: Brio Tri-temp 4-stage Point of Use Water Cooler w/ UV Self Cleaning
- Peel and slice your fresh ginger
- Fill a small pot with filtered water and bring the water to boil
- Add in the fresh ginger and a cinnamon stick (optional)
- Reduce to low heat and let the ingredients simmer for 5-10 minutes
- Strain the mixture and discard of the ginger
- Add lemon and honey (optional)
- Let the tea cool to your desired temperature
Water for Wellness is a biweekly series highlighting simple water-based recipes with potential health benefits.