By Sheila Anthony
A lot of us love the idea of cooking, but who has the time? You’re hungry. You want to eat. As soon as possible. But before you reach for the fast food or frozen dinner, check out these 3 easy recipes for delicious, healthy meals you can put together in a few minutes. In fact, you can prepare the dry ingredients in advance for a super-quick prep or a camping trip.
Breakfast: Yummy Oatmeal
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon powdered milk or powdered nut milk
- 2/3 cup filtered cold water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (or to taste)
- Pinch of salt
- 1–2 tablespoons dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds
- 1–2 tablespoons chopped dried mango
- 1 tablespoon shredded dried coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1–2 tablespoons chopped dried apples
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- Add dry ingredients to a microwave-safe mug or bowl.
- Add 2/3 cup filtered cold water and stir.
- Microwave bowl or mug on medium-high for 3 to 4 minutes or until oatmeal is done.
That’s it. Enjoy!
Lunch: Creamy Tomato and Basil Soup
- 1/4 cup tomato powder
- 1/3 cup powdered milk or powdered nut milk
- 2 tablespoons powdered chicken flavor base (or bouillon granules)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups filtered boiling water
- Add dry ingredients to heatproof bowl or mug that holds at least 2 cups.
- Pour in half the boiling water, stirring the dry ingredients to break up lumps. Pour in remaining water and stir.
- Cover and let rest for 9 to 10 minutes before enjoying!
Dinner: Thai Noodles
- 1 cup angel hair or other thin pasta, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds or ground flaxseed (optional)
- 1/4 cup freeze-dried diced chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup freeze-dried mixed vegetables
- 1-1/2 teaspoons powdered chicken flavor base (or bouillon granules)
- 2 tablespoons powdered peanut butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons freeze-dried cilantro (or 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of ground cayenne pepper (or more if you prefer it spicier)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1 cup filtered boiling water
- Add dry ingredients to a heatproof bowl or mug that holds at least 2 cups.
- Pour boiling water over ingredients, stir, then cover and let rest for about 9 to 10 minutes.
Dinner is served!
Your Brio cooler isn’t just for hydration or preparing beverages. It’s an amazing time-saver, acting as a kind of prep chef to help you create quick, healthy, and delicious meals too.
Cooler curious? The Moderna 720 Series 3-Stage Water Dispenser with Ultrafiltration provides piping hot, cold, and room temperature water on demand. No waiting for water to boil! And its stainless-steel reservoirs combined with its premium 3-stage ultrafiltration process result in only pure, great-tasting water that allows the delicious flavors of your meal ingredients to take center stage. Bon appetit!